Subject: Re: parenting to Bones
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 1995 10:35:29 -0400

No, you can't parent objects or lights to bones, but if you save the bone
motion, you MAY be able to use it to control your light.  However, if the
bone is the last in a heirarchy, that wont work.

In that case you have two choices:

1. Do it all by hand (yuck).

2. Set up a series of null objects, in the exact physical relation to each
other as the series of Bones are.  Save and apply each bone motion (bone1,
bone2, bone3 etc.) to each null object (null1, null2, null3 etc.).  Parent
your light to the last null object.  You'll have to do some adjusting of the
light, anyway, but it should be easier than doing it all by hand.  

I haven't tried this but it sounds like it should work.  Let me know how it
turns out.

Bart Palamaro
Dark Horse Productions
[email-masked]

--
[email-masked] sent this message.
To Post a Message           : [email-masked]
Un/Subscription Requests To : [email-masked]
(DIGEST)                 or : [email-masked]
Administrative Items To     : [email-masked]